Founded in the year 1927. The University of Houston is located in Texas USA, its well known as the 3rd largest University in Texas with more that 46,000 students and its was formally known as University of Houston– Park from the year 1983 till 1991. UH offers over 28o different degree course, including in architecture, law, optometry, and pharmacy degree through all its campuses (14). Scholarship is open or various students ready to study in UH around the globe.
- Admitted student to UHV
- At the time of award the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity all spring scholarship recipients are required to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on other non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Complete BOTH the scholarship application forms
- First submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application.
- Sign in using your UHV username and password.
- Second submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application. Please note, you will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once you hit submit the application, along with the uploaded attachments will be sent to the International Programs Office automatically.
- Both the above mentioned applications MUST be completed in order for your scholarship application to be eligible for review .
International Student Merit Scholarship
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for graduate students throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- Contribute 10 volunteer hours assisting International Programs Office in hosting events such as International Education Week, International Sash Ceremony and International Festival during fall, spring and summer semesters.
- International students on F-1 and J-1 status
- New international students must attend mandatory orientation
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- International Merit Scholarship is not guaranteed every year/semester. Students must re-apply on or before the deadline.
Summary of the diversity Scholarship
University: University of Houston – Texas
Sponsor: University of Houston
Study Level: Undergraduate & Post Graduate
Eligibility: International Student
Value: $6,000 per year
Fall semester deadline: June 15th
Spring semester deadline: November 15th
Application Link: https://www.uhv.edu/international/scholarships/merit/