MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program focuses on helping the young African student to study through scholarship and develop leader of next generation. The goal is to provide social, financial and academic aid to scholars from Africa; they also cover travel and visa fees. MasterCard Foundation Scholars program is sponsored by the University of California (UC) in Berkeley, USA. The University of California (UC) is a public university consisted of 10 campuses with many research and academic centers. UC was established in the year 1868, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars start in 2012 and It’s been providing scholarship to over 40, 000 student across Sub-Saharan Africa with the aim to help over 30 million student by 2030.
To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants who are refugees, stateless or have other questions regarding their citizenship may still be eligible.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials and must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they come from an economically disadvantaged background especially the extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they will give back to their community, country, or continent. They should be able to elaborate in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
- Applicants must express their desire and intention to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
NOTICE: Support for MasterCard Foundation Scholars During COVID-19
As a result of the pandemic, many Scholars have been required – or have elected – to return home. Their travel costs are fully covered by the Program. Where Scholars have remained in their country of study, our Program partners are ensuring that they have access to housing, food and necessities, and psycho-social support. In the coming weeks, we will be working with all partners to ensure that all Scholars have access to e-learning opportunities if they are not already engaged in online instruction.
We want to assure our students again that we will stand with you through this crisis. No matter how long it takes.
Summary of the International Student Scholarship
University: University of California (UC)
Sponsor: MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, University of California (UC)
Study Level: Undergraduate and Post Graduate
Eligibility: Sub-Saharan African Countries
Value: $25, 000
Deadline: Application still on