Headlining the Reno4 family, the Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G comes with a capable Snapdragon 765G chipset, a 90Hz AMOLED display, and a tri-set of cameras on its back. We reviewed the 4G-only version a while ago, and it’s now time for the 5G variant.
Reno4 Pro 5G (left) next to Reno4 Pro
It’s not just the next-gen connectivity that sets them apart, mind you. As part of the upgraded chipset, you’d also be getting a boost in performance over the Reno4 Pro, particularly in the graphics department. In a way, it’s a flagship-grade chip – if the Pixel 5 can pass for a flagship.
Additionally, the 5G version’s camera system is a marked upgrade over the plain Reno4 Pro’s setup, even though it’s one unit short and it’s using the same primary shooter. Here, you’re getting a 2x telephoto, which is missing on the other phone, and a nicer 13MP ultra-wide replaces the 8MP unit and doubles as a macro cam thanks to its autofocusing capability.
A few other differences can be spotted elsewhere, and it’s mostly a matter of things that are missing – there’s no microSD slot or headphone jack on this model, and an FM radio is nowhere to be found either. On a positive note, the 5G version comes with stereo speakers, and that’s twice as many as on the 4G variant.
Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G specs
- Body: 159.6×72.5×7.6mm, 172g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame; Colors: Galactic Blue, Space Black, White, Pink, Green.
- Display: 6.55″ AMOLED, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; 90Hz refresh rate.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm): Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver); Adreno 620.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 2.1.
- OS/Software: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS; Telephoto: 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 1/2.43″, 1.4µm, AF; LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm; HDR.
- Video capture: Rear camera: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, HDR; Front camera: [email protected], gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4000mAh; Fast charging 65W, 60% in 15 min, 100% in 36 min (advertised), SuperVOOC 2.0.
- Misc: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass; NFC.
Oppo Reno4 Pro 5G unboxing
The Reno4 Pro 5G arrives in much the same package that we got the non-5G version. A teal sleeve with a dreamy soft Reno device holds the white cardboard box.
A full set of accessories can be found inside. The 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 charger is the most essential bit, and there’s a cable to go with it – as usual with proprietary charging systems, you better hold on to both the adapter and the cable if you want the 30-something minute charging capability.
A set of earphones is included too, and they look pretty neat – the Oppo-green meshes against the white of the buds serve as a nice accent. A clear silicone protective case for the handset completes the bundle.